Internship - Human Resources C18-006
|Department:||104 - Human Resources|
The Intern will support the day to day activities of the Human Resources department. The intern will gain exposure to a wide range of projects related to recruiting, onboarding/orientation, employee benefits and HR processes and procedures. In this position, the intern will learn how to take skills acquired in school and apply them in a professional setting.
- The recruiting and hiring process including: job description requirements, posting job openings, reviewing resumes, conducting interviews, completing reference checks and extending job offers
- Proper onboarding of new employees - background screenings, entering new hires in to the system of record (ADP), completion of paperwork
- New Hire Orientation and other first day activities
- The importance of employment law and compliance – employment eligibility, confidentiality, proper maintenance of employee files and forms management, etc.
- Assist in the employee benefits open enrollment process
- Assist in the administration of employee surveys
- Assist in the administration of the performance review process
- Other tasks as assigned
- Ability to work with sensitive data and maintain confidentiality a must
- Ability to handle numerous assignments simultaneously with accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Current enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program with an interest to work in Human Resources
- Student Member of SHRM a plus
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.