Quality Assurance Analyst A18-006
|Benefits:||Excellent benefits from day one!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Aireon is on the path to revolutionizing air traffic surveillance and aircraft tracking, as the world’s first and only company deploying a 100 percent global space-based system. This system will provide real-time aircraft monitoring spanning never before covered areas of the planet, including remote, oceanic and polar regions. Aireon’s receivers are hosted on the Iridium NEXT satellite constellation, which began launching in January 2017. The Iridium NEXT constellation consists of 66 operational satellites in a low-earth orbit and utilizes a unique cross-linked satellite architecture creating a web of coverage around the world. The Aireon system has the ability to enable a safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly aviation industry resulting in significant CO2 emission reductions. Numerous Air Navigation Service Providers have already signed on to receive Aireon’s space-based ADS-B data, including NAV CANADA, Naviair, Enav, the Irish Aviation Authority, UK NATs and more.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the Aireon Quality Management System (AQMS).
- Responsible for assessing the effectiveness of the AQMS implementation.
- Development of QA audit guidelines and supporting review documentation.
- Review of QA audit records and assets produced by the Aireon Operations Management System (AOMS) processes and sub-processes.
- Review and approval of SQA plans and the subsequent review of artifacts generated from QA reviews at prescribed gates/phases of the SDLC.
- Ensure that all QA records produced by AOMS audits are placed within proper CM control.
- In association with the QA Analyst (F&A), use QA audit results to conduct various analyses that facilitate the continual improvement of the AQMS and AOMS.
- Review and update of the AQMS based on the AQMS improvement plan.
- Work with AOMS process owners and operators to develop, improve and maintain the AQMS.
- Provide support and coordinate closely with the Safety and Configuration Management groups to ensure Aireon’s culture of safety is verified and validated throughout Aireon and all Aireon operations.
- Provide feedback on the effectiveness of company, targeted and individualized QA training.
- Provide support to ISO 20000 certification acquisition and follow-on audit and re-certification success.
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills, ability to interact and communicate with all levels of company roles in a professional and tactful manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of QMS and QA auditing processes and methodologies, development techniques, policies, procedures, standards and industry publications related to quality management and QA auditing.
- Experience conducting quality management system development, reviews, improvements and maintenance.
- Experience developing QA review guidelines, job aids, presentations and other supporting documentation.
- Experience reviewing QA audit records and artifacts.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint and Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Ability to work well with a team of, experienced, and highly-motivated people who are passionate about the industry-changing technology and services Aireon provides.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where expectations are high for everyone who is brought on to be a member of the Aireon team.
- Ability to learn, understand, and support the culture of safety (related to safety-of-life aviation operations) that is a cornerstone of Aireon operations.
Experience (Years): 5+ (Systems Engineering, IT, Service Management, Technical Development Quality Assurance/Control)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, IT, Business preferred) from an accredited college or university or equivalent related work experience
Certifications: Quality Engineer, Quality Auditor, ASQ Black Belt, ISO9000 Auditor Desired – Not Required
- Demonstrated experience in QA policy, process, and procedure development and maintenance – REQUIRED.
- Demonstrated experience in QA audit records, artifacts, guidelines, job aids, tools and supporting documentation - REQUIRED
- Demonstrated experience in ISO 9001/20000 certification acquisition/compliance/audit support – DESIRED
Aireon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.