Systems Administrator - Windows 18-008
|Benefits:||Contract to direct|
|Department:||210 - Information Technology|
This position is responsible for the administration and maintenance of the Iridium environments running Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems and VMware at all corporate facilities working in cooperation with the IT Network, Security, Systems, Storage and Database administrators to provide highly available and reliable systems to support Iridium employees and business departments.
- Responsible for providing day-to-day support and maintenance for all Windows hardware, operating systems and enterprise applications.
- Accountable for maintaining server and security configurations in compliance with established best practices and established baseline configurations.
- Responsible for Administration of Microsoft Windows Server OS, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO
- Upgrade/install Windows OS and Server software.
- Ensure proper backup processes are in place to allow for full recovery of sites and documents.
- Evaluate tools and applications relevant to the sites.
- Maintain proper Change Control and Configuration Management processes.
- Monitor sites daily, respond to alerts, and provide on-call support.
- Create PowerShell scripts to automate tasks.
- General understanding and Administration of O365 including SharePoint Online and Project Online.
- Administration of Microsoft System Center Applications.
- Administration of VMware.
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly windows system checklist with historical trending reports.
- Provide monthly KPI metrics and trending reports.
- Work service requests and help desk tickets on a daily basis.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by management.
- Demonstrated advanced skills with windows administration, maintenance, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated advanced skills in performance tuning strategies as well as disaster recovery strategies.
- Ability to work with the team to automate procedures where possible, and to promote rapid response to known issues.
- Ability to work with other teams to promote changes to production and other environments.
- Ability to work with the cross functional teams to automate reactive procedures where possible, and to promote rapid response to known issues.
- Thorough understanding of the supporting application architectures and the general application functionality running in the Windows environments.
- Thorough understanding of IT operational policies and procedures within Windows OS discipline.
- Proficiency with PowerShell scripts.
- Proficiency with O365 Administration including SharePoint and Project Online.
- General understanding and fundamentals of Azure and other Cloud Platforms.
- Proficiency with Nagios Monitoring performance tools.
- Ability to Project Manage windows projects to completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/MIS or similar industry experience.
- 3-5 years Microsoft Server OS Administration.
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) preferred.
- ITIL experience preferred.
- Experience in a telecommunications environment preferred.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.