Associate Engineer 18-006
|Benefits:||Excellent benefits from day one!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||709 - IoT Business Unit|
As the Field Applications Engineer, you will work closely with our customers, partners and our internal sales team to provide technical input and field demonstrations in support of product sales. In this position you will be a key resource supporting the Iridium sales team by overcoming challenges to help arrive at innovative technical solutions. In addition, you will be a contributor to the Iridium product team by providing technical direction for future enhancements of IOT products.
In this position you will apply your proven abilities as a team player while effortlessly shifting to an autonomous role when needed. You will connect with current and potential clients in meaningful ways to effectively demonstrate Iridium’s value through the company’s network, service and technology offerings. You will assist customers & partners in the efficient integration of Iridium’s hardware and network elements. In addition you will provide to Iridium customers product education as well as sales support for technical solutions and configuration.
If you are a motivated, high achiever who is energized by opportunity and challenge, Iridium is the place for you! Our team is looking for talented individuals who take pride in their work, excel in a collaborative work setting and have a strong desire to learn new technologies with a customer service mindset.
- Responsible for effectively onboarding new partners
- Contribute to the development of operational processes, procedures, best practices, and methods
- Relay technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Partner with Sales during pre-sales to handle technical questions from prospects
- Assist in updating and maintaining user documentation such as product and service developer guides (960X, 95XX, SBD/RUDICS developer guides, AT Command guide etc.).
- Assist in improving and developing test tools to remove technical barriers to customer adoption and demonstrate through example code how partners can automate tests.
- Assist in acting as the interface between customers and test engineers for the Iridium certification program. With the guidance of senior FAE prioritize tests, interpret results and provide feedback to partners.
- Assist with investigating, documenting and coordinating product issues with other departments to ensure problems are addressed quickly and partner impact is minimized.
- Assist with the development of a IOT VM that can demonstrate how the service is used, reduce engineering burden and accelerate partner adoption.
- Create new and improve existing tools to help partners more effectively develop end to end solutions and aid in testing
- Act as an escalation point for the Customer Support Representatives in diagnosing and ultimately resolving client issues
- Work with partners to ensure best practices are being shared and followed
- Help with pre and post-implementation support and provide technical training and other technical needs
- Work with the Product Manager to improve documentation
- Provide product teams with valuable input during the product development cycle to help create amazing new products and services
- Bachelors’ degree in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience in Product Development, Development Lifecycles, RF Design and/or Satellite Communications highly regarded
- Working knowledge of electronic laboratory test equipment for testing and troubleshooting equipment to the component level
- Understanding of electronic system level design, assembly and testing
- Ability to perform basic electronic circuit analysis
- Troubleshooting of electronic designs and systems, including software/hardware functionality and interactions between the two
- Effectively communicate with customers by telephone and in person to diagnose and resolve system problems
- Working independently at customer sites investigating, diagnosing and resolving problems
- Easily communicate concepts or technically detailed material without information loss to customer
- Must be prepared to travel as required
- Familiarity with Unix operating system (IBM AIX, Linux) and Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Strong Documentation skill
- Understanding of TCP/IP fundamentals (DNS, FTP, SSH, IP CONFIG), network architecture & connectivity troubleshooting
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructures and software development in the cloud advantageous
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.