Associate Project Manager A18-002
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits from Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
Aireon is on the path to revolutionizing air traffic surveillance and aircraft tracking, as the world’s first and only company deploying a 100 percent global space-based system. This system will provide real-time aircraft monitoring spanning never before covered areas of the planet, including remote, oceanic and polar regions. Aireon’s receivers are hosted on the Iridium NEXT satellite constellation, which began launching in January 2017. The Iridium NEXT constellation consists of 66 operational satellites in a low-earth orbit and utilizes a unique cross-linked satellite architecture creating a web of coverage around the world. The Aireon system has the ability to enable a safer, more efficient and environmentally friendly aviation industry resulting in significant CO2 emission reductions. Numerous Air Navigation Service Providers have already signed on to receive Aireon’s space-based ADS-B data, including NAV CANADA, Naviair, Enav, the Irish Aviation Authority, UK NATs and more.
The Associate Project Manager will have an important role in supporting the management, scheduling, coordination, and organization of projects and programs for Aireon’s space-based ADS-B surveillance system. Reporting to the Systems Engineering Implementation Manager, the Associate Project Manager will be involved with all phases of the project and program life cycle: Concept, Planning, Execution, and Transfer. Communication and adeptness at working with a variety of personalities and skillsets across multiple organizations and locations will also be a key part of this role.
The Associate Project Manager will collaborate with the activities of Aireon development partners, including Iridium (the payload procurement manager, payload development and integration technical manager, the Hosted Payload Operations Center (HPOC) developer and operator, and the host satellite services provider), and Harris (the payload supplier, systems engineering contractor, and Aireon Processing and Distribution (APD) system provider and operator). The Associate Project Manager will also develop peer relationships with project managers from other ANSPs such as NAV CANADA, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and others in order to help ensure the success of each project and program.
- Work closely with ANSPs on the deployment of service delivery points and providing guidance to operations.
- Work closely with Aireon implementation engineering, system engineering, and operations teams to develop and execute multi-year projects and programs
- Work closely with Aireon subcontractors on new and existing programs and projects
- Managing a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities
- Coordinate and schedule project meetings including taking notes, actions and following up with participants
- Highlight schedule dependencies, risks, and assist with resource load-balancing
- Support implementation engineering manager in the development of processes and procedures for the implementation team
- Support new and existing programs strategic objectives
- Be responsive to all customer inquiries and requests
- Track budget for assigned programs and projects
- Understanding of air traffic system and ANSPs basic operations.
- Strong initiative and detail-oriented
- Ability to work in as part of a team both internally and externally
- Ability to function in a start-up, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proactive communicator with strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally occasionally
- US Citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- High developed interpersonal skills
- Minimum of two years of experience as a project and/or program manager
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Air Traffic Management or equivalent experience, with a MBA desirable
- Expert with Salesforce and SharePoint
- Expert with project management tools such as MS Project, Confluence, and SharePoint
- Understanding Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs) processes and operations.
- Strong project management experience with multi-disciplinary technology projects
- Experience with Agile and Traditional project scheduling
- Experience with project tracking processes such as Earned Value Management
- Experience supporting Marketing and sales analysis activities
- Experience providing training
- Experience with the development of Project, Program, and Integrated Master Schedules desired
Aireon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.