CONTRACT - Accounts Payable Specialist C17-029
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||101 - Accounting|
This position will be primarily focused on the Accounts Payable process.
- Accounts Payable support
- Data entry and account coding – process invoices in CoreIntegrator and Dynamics GP
- Verify funding is in place for invoice payments and inquire of managers for Expense Authorization (EA) modification as needed
- Manage Purchase Order status for assigned vendors
- Obtain appropriate invoice approvals
- Assist with weekly check, EFT, and foreign currency wire payment runs
- Handle assigned vendor calls and e-mails
- Research account statements for open or unpaid invoices
- Monitor vendor record information and request updates as needed
- Journal Entry creation for manual expense coding and reclassifications
- Assistance with the accrual process for month-end close
- AP control account and bank reconciliations
- Void and re-issue stale checks or failed electronic payments
- Maintenance of supporting schedules and vendor worksheets
- Year end audit support
- Other accounting tasks as assigned and needed
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
- Team player, assertive, friendly and multi-task oriented.
- A self-starter personality with ability to grow.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is a must.
- Detail oriented.
- Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- 3-4 years of accounts payable experience is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains) or other accounting software is a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and computer skills.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.