Associate Engineer (Subscriber Equipment Test) 17-072
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits from Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||800 - Product Development|
Iridium is the only truly global voice and data satellite communications network that connects people, organizations, assets, government and relief agencies with “on-the-move” availability. Together with its ecosystem of partners, Iridium delivers essential, reliable communications with an easy-to-integrate platform and service for improved efficiency. With more than 20 years of experience, Iridium will soon be launching the next-generation of connectivity, Iridium CertusSM - the most versatile global broadband service with improved speeds to satisfy the critical need to send and receive communications when traveling by land, sea or air. For more information about Iridium products, services and partner solutions, visit www.iridium.com.
Iridium seeks an engineer to contribute to the research, development, testing, and sustaining engineering activities of the Iridium services and subscriber equipment technology sector. Education or demonstrated work experience in engineering practices, software/hardware testing, and leadership is necessary for success in this position. Additional essential responsibilities are below.
Ideal candidate will be responsible for verifying the reliability and robustness of Iridium products and communication services, interested in the long-term success of their work, and highly self-reliant.
- Work collaboratively with software, hardware, and system development engineers
- Research and implement hardware upgrades of lab infrastructure and test systems
- Integrate, maintain and operate subscriber equipment, lab hardware and software systems
- Assist with design, implementation, and maintenance of automated test system software
- Identify test, programmatic and services implementation risks
- Assist in the mitigation of risks and/issues identified
- Decompose requirements into verifiable test objectives
- Develop and maintain test plans and procedures
- Develop, maintain and execute test scripts for feature, defect and regression testing
- Analyze test results, generate and present reports based on test execution and analysis
- Recreate and isolate reported software and/or hardware defects using test infrastructure and document non-compliances
- Update and maintain technical product documentation
- Collaborate with team members across various functional disciplines to ensure high product quality
- BS degree in engineering or equivalent work related experience.
- 0-5 years directly related experience
- Experience developing software in C, C++, C#, Java, Python, Visual Basic and/or other computer languages
- Interest in test automation systems development
- Interest in providing high quality, cost effective system integration, test and support services
- Drive toward continuous innovation, adding-value, reducing cycle time and cost
- Developing professionally, learning and sharing knowledge with others
- Expertise with the Microsoft Windows and Office product suite
- Strong written communication skills
- Results driven with strong sense of ownership
- Ability to work well both independently and in team structures
- Willing and able to travel up to 15 days annually
- Willing and able to be on-call to support operational issues
- Written and spoken proficiency in English is required
- U.S citizenship required
- Demonstrated systems troubleshooting experience
- Demonstrated systems integration experience
- Demonstrated understanding of software production
- Expertise with Windows, Linux and/or Unix operating systems extremely beneficial
- Expertise with the Microsoft Excel, Excel macro programing and Visual Basic programming in Excel
- Exposure to laboratory test equipment (network analyzers, state machine driven traffic simulators, protocol analyzers, etc.)
- Knowledgeable with databases such as Oracle, MySQL, and/or SQL Server
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.