CONTRACT - Office Administrator & Receptionist C17-028
|Benefits:||This is a temporary/contract position|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||255 - Satellite Development & Operations|
**This is a temporary/contract position. Individual is responsible for the Office Administration at Iridium’s Tempe facility, providing support to that building and the Arizona Administrative Team. Duties include providing a high level of service to internal and external customers both in person and over the telephone. Additionally, this individual will be responsible for understanding and enforcing Iridium’s security procedures with regard to visitors and packages. The Receptionist is an integral part of the facility administration providing support to various departments. This position will act as a back up to the Arizona Administrative Team.
- Open lobby at 7:45am and close at 4:30pm daily. (45 minute lunch period)
- Assist Administrative Team with various duties, including phone and lunch coverage.
- Responsible for maintaining the appearance of conference rooms and break room, including keeping stocked with supplies
- Monitor and occasionally assist with room calendars/schedules and reservations.
- Coordinate and deliver/setup catering for onsite meetings.
- Answer and route phone calls, in a timely fashion.
- Check in visitors and assign appropriate badges. Act as liaison between visitors, callers, vendors, and employees, including notifying employees of visitors.
- Ensure Notice of Incoming Visitor (NOIV) form has appropriate approvals.
- Assist in organizational duties: i.e. labeling, folders, filing, and printing.
- Check in all office supplies and coffee supplies against order log/packing slip.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail, and process shipments including Fedex daily. Coordinate deliveries and/or pick-ups with vendors.
- Prepare office or work space for new employees, including setting up mailboxes.
- Assist Administrative Team with special projects and assignments as needed.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Receptionist or Administrative Assistant.
- Dependability; arriving to work on time is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook). Knowledge of Visio software and overall “tech savvy” is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills, accurate attention to detail, sound decision making abilities, and excellent time management with the ability to prioritize.
- Must be process oriented and flexible, being able to handle constant change and interruptions with a proven record of increased productivity.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality while interfacing amongst numerous departments and the management team.
- Enjoys providing a high level of service to both your internal and external customers.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.