Assistant Facility Security Officer (FSO) 17-074
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits on Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||150 - Legal|
Iridium is the only truly global voice and data satellite communications network that connects people, organizations, assets, government and relief agencies with “on-the-move” availability. Together with its ecosystem of partners, Iridium delivers essential, reliable communications with an easy-to-integrate platform and service for improved efficiency. With more than 20 years of experience, Iridium will soon be launching the next-generation of connectivity, Iridium CertusSM - the most versatile global broadband service with improved speeds to satisfy the critical need to send and receive communications when traveling by land, sea or air. For more information about Iridium products, services and partner solutions, visit www.iridium.com.
This position supports the Director, Compliance & Security to ensure all aspects of security are considered in the safety and well-being on Iridium’s employees, contractors and vendors. The Security Analyst manages the day-to-day physical and personnel security of assigned facilities as well as day-to-day maintenance of classified IT system.
- Coordinate personnel security clearance requirements with the DoD, IC and various government entities.
- Develop and deliver required security awareness education for uncleared employees.
- Develop and deliver required security awareness education for cleared employees to include initial security briefings and annual refresher training.
- Participate in various government security reviews/assessment/audits, conduct and document government required self-inspections/assessments, and assist with any corrective actions required.
- Conduct security in-briefing for all new hires and contractors.
- Utilize the Access Control System to generate badges for employees, contractors and visitors.
- Conduct briefing and debriefing for all staff engaging in foreign travel.
- Administration and processing of incoming/outgoing visit requests.
- Maintain all security documentation and files accurately and in accordance with requirements.
- Maintain interactions with DSS Industrial Security and Counter Intelligence Representatives.
- Assist with conducting and documenting investigations into compliance, security violations and compromises of classified information.
- Assist with the operations and maintenance of the Access Control and Video Management Systems.
- Responsible for directly or indirectly implementing, monitoring/auditing, and reporting compliance with security controls.
- Implement, maintain, and monitor security controls
- Create and maintain security documentation
- Provide security related training and guidance
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required
- U.S. Citizen with current Top Secret/SCI Personnel Security Clearance
- Completion of the FSO courses and certification through Center for Development of Security Excellence (CDSE)
- Knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating manual (NISPOM), personnel security and adjudicative guideline, Director, Central Intelligence Directives (DCID) and Intelligence Community Directives (ICD)
- Knowledge of COMSEC is a plus
- Experience with Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS), e-QIP (electronic SF86), SWFT, ISFD, e-FCL and other security forms and security management databases.
- Export Compliance experience
- Basic IT experience
- Experience in conducting Audit of Government Furnished Equipment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of related experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as an FSO, Assistant FSO, Contract Special Security Officer (CSSO).
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.