Internship - Webmaster (C17-026)
|Department:||700 - Marketing - General|
Great opportunity to grow and develop your technical and marketing skills by supporting the Marketing Department to successfully promote Iridium’s products and services by reaching target markets in order to maintain Iridium as an industry leader.
This position offers the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of tasks, including managing, maintaining and enhancing Iridium’s public website, employee intranet, and partner portal. The Webmaster Intern will work within the Marketing Team and interface with the internal IT department and other departments, as well as external vendors. The Webmaster Intern will assist with taking the vision, requirements, and execution demands of a dynamic and fast paced satellite communications brand to produce and/or enhance sites designed to excite, engage, and educate our customers, partners, and employees. You will have regular opportunities to interact with many different departments, as well as work directly with a small, hands on, marketing department looking for someone eager to learn and grow.
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, hands-on individual with a strong interest in marketing and web development. Furthermore, the successful candidate will have strong communication skills, which include excellent grammar, the ability to clearly communicate as well as proofread others work. The intern will be expected to work 16 – 20 hours per week around their school schedule. The Webmaster intern will have the opportunity to develop several new skills by performing the following responsibilities:
- Manage the content and functionality of the company’s public website, the internal employee intranet site, and the partner portal.
- Day-to-day administration of sites including managing customer support email box, processing registrations and providing access for company’s partner portal, as well as assisting with the loading of resources.
- Test and troubleshoot all site functionality. Debug pages and fix broken links and/or images.
- Monitor and analyze site performance (i.e. traffic, conversions)
- Coordinate with internal departments to ensure company information is current and relevant on the company intranet site.
- Work effectively with Sales and Marketing organization to assist with development and updating content and messaging on all sites to ensure consistency across all platforms.
- Support web based projects including website enhancements, web-based applications, and database backed websites.
- Support search engine optimization initiatives
- Stay current on industry trends - design, layout, and platforms.
- Ability to effectively communicate – proactively, consistently and concisely - with employees at all levels, including the ability to influence senior management and key stakeholders. Maintains customer service focus throughout interactions with internal and external business partners.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a technical or marketing discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in HTML/CSS
- WordPress and/or custom CMS as a web development tool a plus
- Knowledge of web analytics and search engine optimization a plus
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Strong problem analysis and problem solving abilities
- Ability to deliver high quality work on time
- Exceptional organizational skills; Strong attention to detail
- Excellent creative mindset mixed with a strong logic and understanding of design principles
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and turn projects around quickly
- Experience with any of the following is a plus!
- XML and XSLT for data importing and integration.
- Google Analytics implementation
- Search Engine Optimization
- Mobile app development on iOS and/or Android platforms.
- Photoshop and transferring Photoshop content to wireframes and designs
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.