Internship - Technical Writer C17-025
|Department:||255 - Satellite Development & Operations|
Iridium is the only truly global voice and data satellite communications network that connects people, organizations, assets, government and relief agencies with “on-the-move” availability. Together with its ecosystem of partners, Iridium delivers essential, reliable communications with an easy-to-integrate platform and service for improved efficiency. With more than 20 years of experience, Iridium will soon be launching the next-generation of connectivity, Iridium CertusSM - the most versatile global broadband service with improved speeds to satisfy the critical need to send and receive communications when traveling by land, sea or air. For more information about Iridium products, services and partner solutions, visit www.iridium.com.
**This is a part-time, intern position (15-20 hours per week). Iridium is seeking a Technical Writer to work in the aerospace and telecommunications industry. The intern will work closely with Engineering and Program Management Office (PMO) as well as all levels of the organization. The Intern will be responsible for assisting with the creating and reviewing of technical documents and manuals, explaining complex information in a clear and concise manner and working with the project team to ensure accurate, on-time contractual deliverables.
- Assist in the planning, developing, organizing, writing and editing of technical documentation
- Apply an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to data and documentation organization, delivery, and documentation tracking
- Perform Quality Assurance (QA) on all Government Contract Data Requirement Lists (CDRLs) prior to formal submission
- The successful candidate must ensure data quality, tracking quality, and deliverable quality for all information being delivered
- Additional responsibilities include documentation cross checking, deliverable tracking, proof reading
- Ability to work with internal and external customers in challenging environments, be extremely detail oriented, have strong organizational skills and be able to track large quantities of data or deliverable items.
- Candidate should be self-directed, ability to work independently, and be highly-motivated; be able to work in a deadline driven environment; and be dependable and trustworthy since they will come in contact with complex and sensitive documents.
- File/document management using shared drives such as SharePoint and DocuShare.
- Proficient in MS Office products, including MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Proficient in document formatting, grammar, punctuation, etc.
- Demonstrated flexibility to respond to multiple requests/tasks and handle sudden changes in priorities.
- Strong organizational, analytical, verbal & writing skills
- Due to ITAR and EAR, must be a U.S. citizen.
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university working on technical Bachelor’s degree.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.