Administrative Assistant & Receptionist 17-067
|Benefits:||Contract to Direct|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||130 - Executive|
Iridium is an industry leading company on the verge of launching new satellites to expand its already prominent position in the industry. We are seeking a Professional Administrative Assistant to be the greeting face of the company at our Corporate Headquarters in McLean, Virginia. This person will provide a high level of service to both internal and external customers in person and over the telephone. Professional phone etiquette and appearance are required, as you will interface with various customers, vendors, service providers, executives, and investors.
This person will be an integral part of the administrative support team providing support to various business units and operational departments. Additionally, you are the back up to the Executive Administrative Team performing general clerical tasks as assigned. The ideal candidate should be familiar with all aspects of administrative support from generating correspondence, creating presentations, scheduling meetings, arranging catering, familiar with shipping methods, and checking in deliveries against packing slips and purchase orders. This position reports to the Executive Assistant to the CEO.
- Open lobby at 8:00am and close at 5:00pm daily. (1 hour lunch period)
- Assist Tax team with various administrative duties, and serve as backup to finance and legal teams. Serve as backup to Executive Assistants
- Responsible for maintaining the appearance of conference rooms, including keeping stocked with supplies, as well as monitoring calendars/schedules
- Answer and route phone calls, in a timely fashion.
- Check in visitors and assign appropriate badges. Act as liaison between visitors, callers, vendors, and employees, including notifying employees of visitors. Process all guest/employee parking validations.
- Approve all Visitor Passes (NOIVs) in the system
- Assist in organizational duties: i.e. labeling, folders, filing, and printing.
- Scan all invoices into our Expense System – Core Integrator and process Expense Authorizations for various employees, as needed.
- Prepare boxes and keep accurate record of all of our Iron Mountain shipments and boxes.
- Responsible for maintaining office supply budget spreadsheet, as well as the management of office supply ordering and inventory including coffee services and coffee machine maintenance.
- Check in all office supplies against order log/packing slip.
- Sort & Distribute incoming mail, and process shipments including Fedex daily. Coordinate deliveries and/or pick-ups with vendors.
- Assist Employees with PowerPoint, Word and Excel Projects as needed.
- Assist in the scheduling of Office maintenance with Lerner Management.
- Prepare office or work space for new employees, including setting up mailboxes.
- Distributing monthly parking stickers.
- Assist Executive Assistant team with special projects, assignments, and
- overflow backup as needed.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as a Receptionist or Administrative Assistant.
- Dependability, arriving to work on time is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Advance skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).Knowledge of Visio software is a plus
- Must be Internet savvy and able to pick up new systems quickly in order to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills, accurate attention to detail, sound decision making abilities, and excellent time management with the ability to prioritize.
- Must be process oriented and flexible, being able to handle constant change and interruptions with a proven record of increased productivity.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality while interfacing amongst numerous departments and the Executive Management Team.
- Enjoys providing a high level of service to both your internal and external customers.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.