Internship – Service Desk Technician C17-024
|Department:||210 - Information Technology|
Iridium Satellite produces and supports multiple mobile products that provide essential and valuable data and voice communication services to users worldwide using our constellation of 66 LEO spacecraft and supporting ground infrastructure. Continuously producing quality products is critical for the success of
Iridium and those who rely on the services we provide.
This position will be responsible for providing support to the Iridium IT service desk team. This includes following up with end users, asset inventory, generating and reviewing reports, answering service desks call, routing tickets and providing basic technical support for windows based computers.
- Basic support and maintenance of desktops, laptops, mobile devices, peripherals and all associated operating systems in a multi-site corporate environment.
- Answering service desk calls and provide superior customer service to all employees and contractors
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues for users.
- Review tickets and ensure proper routing within the IT Department
- Install software and provide instruction to users.
- Participate in system upgrades and other department projects.
- Perform hardware inventories
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by management.
- This is a part-time intern position (15-20 hours per week).
- Candidate must be enrolled at an accredited college or university in a technical field.
- Ability to support Microsoft Windows OS and Microsoft Office at a basic level.
- Detail oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Customer service focus
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.