Internship – Ground Station Technician and Analyst C17-023
|Department:||255 - Satellite Development & Operations|
**This is a part-time, intern position (15-20 hours per week). The selected student will work within a team environment. They will be required to perform multiple duties related to operations and maintenance of the Iridium Satellite tracking ground station. Responsible for routinely performing maintenance and analysis on RF, Electronic and Mechanical systems and subsystem. Data Analysis will require the successful candidate to retrieve various logs from both computer platform systems and network based UNIX servers for processing and generate statistical reports used to gauge the performance of the ground station.
Specific Duties include, but are not be limited to:
- Remove and replace failed or suspect equipment – Antenna and Rack
- Facilities maintenance – routine visual inspections of facilities equipment (UPS, Generator) and logging of findings.
- Antenna RF uplink data collection for calibrations
- Daily system checks for satellite tracking antenna systems
- System Log collection and production of the raw data for statistical analysis.
- Monthly Preventative Maintenance on the Antenna Tracking Pedestals
- Snow removal from the antenna radomes (as needed)
- Daily log entries for the ground station à activities performed, weather conditions, visitors
- Provide support in a “on-call” capacity providing there is no impact to the academic schedule
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university working on technical Bachelor’s degree.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be proficient in MS Office to include: Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point
- Must be able to read and follow technical bulletins and manuals
- Possess good analytical skills
- The position requires strong verbal and written communications skills, and the ability to work within a team at a fast pace to meet schedules
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
- Able to read and interpret schematic diagrams
- Basic knowledge of Radio Frequencies (RF) communications and principals
- Basic working knowledge of electronic lab test equipment to include: Spectrum Analyzers, power meters and oscilloscopes
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.