Network Security Administrator 17-063
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits on Day One! |
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||210 - Information Technology|
This position is responsible for the administration and maintenance of the Iridium Network Security infrastructure and systems at all corporate facilities. As well as responding to security incidents and events. Working in cooperation with the IT Systems, Storage and Database administrators to provide highly available and reliable systems to support Iridium employees and business departments.
- Administration of network security infrastructure systems to support the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability for the Local Area Networks and Wide Area Networks across all company facilities
- Administration of Checkpoint and ASA Firewalls and other security systems
- Administration of customer co-located equipment, VPNs and similar systems
- Support Network Administrators in ensuring network availability
- Manage outside vendors tasked with providing or augmenting Iridium Network security.
- Coordinate system updates with administrators to ensure security vulnerabilities and risk remain as low as possible.
- Participate in design meetings, reviews, implementation projects and coordinate with other departments
- Maintain all network monitoring systems for assigned systems and participate in a rotating coverage schedule to provide off-hours support for all IT Network Security systems
- Establish performance baselines, provide metrics and regular reporting as directed
- Maintain existing IT network security elements; implement upgrades, replacement and new equipment as directed
- Respond to alerts and take corrective action; provide root cause analysis and suggest improvements
- Maintain appropriate logs, databases and history to perform trending analysis and take proactive steps to ensure the proper operation of systems
- Maintain appropriate tools to assist in the execution of duties
- Maintain appropriate and current documentation processes and procedures
- Suggest improvements and seek additional training to maintain skills necessary to execute duties
- Other duties may be assigned by management
- Demonstrated proficiencies with threat and vulnerability management and Incident Handling.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Ability to multitask and excel in a fast paced 24/7 environment
- Detail oriented with excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external technology partners to ensure end to end quality of all products, services and systems; customer service focus
- Understanding of Iridium IT policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/MIS or similar
- Security certifications and/or training preferred
- 1+ years of experience with Cisco Routers and Switches with advanced knowledge of TCP/IP network administration
- 3+ years of experience with Checkpoint and ASA Firewalls or similar security systems with advanced knowledge of network security applications, tools, and methodologies.
- 1+ years of experience in Incident Response or Incident Handling
- 3+ years of experience in both Windows and UNIX environments; ability to troubleshoot network connectivity issues at both an application and desktop OS level.
- Experience in a telecommunications or other highly available environments preferred.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.