IT Support Specialist 17-060
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits from Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||210 - Information Technology|
Iridium is the only truly global voice and data satellite communications network that connects people, organizations, assets, government and relief agencies with “on-the-move” availability. Together with its ecosystem of partners, Iridium delivers essential, reliable communications with an easy-to-integrate platform and service for improved efficiency. With more than 20 years of experience, Iridium will soon be launching the next-generation of connectivity, Iridium CertusSM - the most versatile global broadband service with improved speeds to satisfy the critical need to send and receive communications when traveling by land, sea or air. For more information about Iridium products, services and partner solutions, visit www.iridium.com.
This position is responsible for the entry level administration and maintenance of the Iridium IT network infrastructure, and providing second-tier troubleshooting and remediation support for the Iridium IT Help Desk at all corporate facilities. This position serves as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email. Working in cooperation with System Administrators, Network Engineering, Gateway Technical Operations and Boeing to provide secure LAN and WAN connectivity for systems and employees.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Respond to queries either in person or over the phone.
- Train computer users.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Respond to email messages for customers seeking help.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem.
- Walk customer through problem-solving process.
- Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
- Run diagnostic programs to resolve problems. Take corrective action; provide root cause analysis and suggest improvements
- Install computer peripherals for users.
- Follow up with customers to ensure issue has been resolved and update customer status and information
- Gain feedback from customers about computer usage.
- Administer, support and maintain desktops, laptops, mobile devices, peripherals and all associated operating systems and applications for all users in a multi-site corporate environment.
- Perform employee onboarding and off-boarding IT functions of employees and contractors including setting up user accounts and computer logins, establishing email addresses, phone system logins/pin numbers, and distributing computer, cell phone and other equipment.
- Work service requests and help desk tickets on a daily basis. Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
- Provide metrics and reporting as directed
- Maintain appropriate and current documentation
- Suggest improvements and seek additional training to maintain skills necessary to execute duties
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services
Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team
- Other duties may be assigned by management
- Knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating System
- Some knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, WINS, Anti-Virus software and networking troubleshooting
- Support all versions of Microsoft OS and Office, preferably Windows 10 and Office 2016.
- Ability to service and support a wide variety of end user hardware and peripherals at a standard level.
- Ability to work varied shifts when needed
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and excel in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external technology partners to ensure end to end quality of all products, services and systems
- Proven experience as a help desk technician, 1+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- 1+ years of experience working in both Windows desktop OS environments; ability to troubleshoot at both an application and desktop OS level.
- 1+ years of experience in a desktop support role
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.