Integration & Test Engineer 17-056
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits from Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||255 - Satellite Development & Operations|
An Operations Support and Test Associate Engineer is needed at the Iridium Test and Support Center (TSC) in Chandler Arizona. The job requires the engineer to perform operation and test activities for multiple aspects of the Iridium system including, but not limited to testing of GSM based telephony services, satellite communications, various packet based networking functionality and Iridium proprietary services. Testing will employ the use of ground stations, telephony base station controller, call switching systems, space simulators, ground system simulators, load test simulators, and other specialized test equipment.
Activities include but are not limited to decomposing requirements into verifiable test objectives, development of test plans and procedures; test script automation; test execution, problem analysis, issue resolution and reporting. The job also requires the engineer to perform continuous process improvement efforts; reduce test cycle time; improve product quality; implement and document best practices; develop, maintain and employ test control and analysis software. Must be able to work as an individual contributor and as a team member. Due to ITAR restrictions, U.S. citizenship is required. Experience with testing methodologies, analysis processes and procedures desired.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, information technology, mathematics, physics or equivalent work experience.
- 0-3 years’ experience or knowledge of manual and automation of testing methodologies, analysis processes and procedures; WireShark or other protocol analyzers highly desired.
- Basic knowledge of software programming in C/C++, C#, Unix, Linux, shell programming, Python, PERL and/or TCL preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team in a dynamic engineering environment with rapidly changing priorities; and to apply creative, abstract problem solving to support varied customers in a large systems environment.
- The candidate will be required to perform real-time and post real-time system analysis to determine root cause in the ground segment of the Iridium Network. Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.