Data Support Specialist - Contract to Hire C17-021
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||240 - Customer Care|
The Data Support Specialist provides second-level support and troubleshooting to Service Providers and internal customers for all Iridium products and services. The Data Support Specialist is also responsible for the service and support coordination related to the Iridium Global Service Program (GSP). This is a contract role with the potential to convert to an employee after 3-6 months.
Provide second level support and troubleshooting to Iridium Service Providers and internal customers for all Iridium products and services in a 24/7 environment.
Respond to phone and email inquiries in an efficient and timely manner while providing excellent customer service.
Perform in-depth troubleshooting of reported issues. Drive issues to resolution while documenting and tracking all issues in the appropriate databases. Provide “cradle to grave” ownership.
Anticipate customer needs and proactively identify solutions.
Provide training to Service Partners, vendors and internal customers.
Assist highly technical end users develop and troubleshoot their custom solutions.
Participate in team projects such as the testing of new Iridium products/services prior to release.
Identify and schedule onsite service requests under the Global Service Program.
Provide tracking of service requests as related to the GSP. Work with the GSP vendors to ensure a smooth customer experience.
Perform 24/7 troubleshooting assistance to remote technicians in the field in support of the Global Service Program.
- Extensive knowledge of Iridium’s products, services, provisioning systems and business operations.
- Extremely flexible to support the 24/7 environment as well as on-call requirements.
- Strong analytical skills
- Technical aptitude and creative problem solving capabilities
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, self-motivated and possess the ability to work in a fast -paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude and work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of PC/Mac/Linux computer environments.
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN components and IP technologies.
- 2 years’ minimum experience in a wireless, cellular, telecommunications industry help desk, or computer environment.
- BS/BA degree in computer science or an engineering field preferred; or equivalent work experience.
- A+, Network+, CCENT certifications a plus
- Familiarity with Satellite, Cellular GSM, RF or Electrical/Electronic concepts is a plus.
- Familiarity with the maritime environment and port-based logistics a plus.
- Multi-lingual is a plus but not required.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.