IT Support Specialist - Long-term Contract C17-020
|Benefits:||Benefits offered through Agency|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||210 - Information Technology|
This position is responsible for the entry level administration and maintenance of the Iridium IT network infrastructure, and providing second-tier troubleshooting and remediation support for the Iridium IT Help Desk at all corporate facilities working in cooperation with System Administrators, Network Engineering, Gateway Technical Operations and Boeing to provide secure LAN and WAN connectivity for systems and employees.
- Administer, support and maintain desktops, laptops, mobile devices, peripherals and all associated operating systems and applications for all users in a multi-site corporate environment.
- Perform employee onboarding IT functions for new employees and contractors including setting up user accounts and computer logins, establishing email addresses, phone system logins/pin numbers, and distributing computer, cell phone and other equipment.
- Perform employee off boarding IT functions which include the collection of equipment and deprovisioning of computer/security access.
- Work service requests and help desk tickets on a daily basis.
- Provide metrics and reporting as directed
- Maintain existing IT monitoring systems
- Take corrective action; provide root cause analysis and suggest improvements
- Maintain appropriate tools to assist in the execution of duties
- Maintain appropriate and current documentation
- Suggest improvements and seek additional training to maintain skills necessary to execute duties
- Other duties may be assigned by management
- Ability to administer and support all versions of Microsoft Desktop OS.
- Ability to service and support a wide variety of end user hardware and peripherals at a standard level.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems
- Some knowledge of Active Directory, DNS, WINS, Anti-Virus software and networking troubleshooting
- Ability to work varied shifts when needed
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, multitask, and excel in a fast paced environment
- Detail oriented with excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external technology partners to ensure end to end quality of all products, services and systems
- 1+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- 1+ years of experience working in both Windows desktop OS environments; ability to troubleshoot at both an application and desktop OS level.
- 1+ years of experience in a desktop support role
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.