Enterprise Desktop Administrator 17-058
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits on Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||210 - Information Technology|
The Enterprise Desktop Administrator is responsible for managing end user computing technologies, environments and deployment methodologies. The individual is responsible for managing all aspects of the workstations including patching, application testing, application deployment, standardization, reporting and compliance. The ideal candidate will have several years of expert level experience with SCCM, Active Directory, GPO, Scripting including PowerShell, desktop and cell phone hardware.
- End user environment architecture, testing, deployment design, workstations application testing and coordination.
- Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
- Establishes standards and processes related to the end user environment, and ensures those standards are followed.
- Management of Desktops, Cell Phones, and ITSM ticketing system.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Direct hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
- Keeps abreast of industry standards, trends, emerging and innovative technologies for end user computing.
- Evaluate and establish documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
- Participate in planning sessions for new system deployment and facilitate training for new systems.
- Determine, document and execute patch remediation and testing processes and report results.
- Establish best practices and administer end user computing deployment technologies including SCCM.
- Packaging applications for deployment through the best available method to meet end user needs.
- Assist IT Operations Team and Infrastructure team in deploying new software and applications.
- Key contributor in setting end user computing standards for Hardware and Software.
- Train, provide technical guidance, and act as a technical escalation point for service desk team members.
- Other duties as needed by the department.
- Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including switches, routers, printers, desktops, laptops, monitors, telephones and cell phones.
- Experience with desktop operating systems, including IOS, Windows OS.
- Experience with SCCM, strong scripting and coding skills as it pertains to OS deployment, application management and automation.
- Expert knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Strong attention to detail and documentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer related field preferred or equivalent years of work experience
- 3+ years of experience installing, configuring, automating, and managing Windows Operating Systems, and Microsoft Office Suite (Office 365 a plus)
- 3+ years of experience troubleshooting and enabling configuration management with Group Policy Objects (GPO) as they relate to the desktop.
- 3+ years of experience with scripting technologies such as VBScript or PowerShell.
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), application packaging, asset reporting, patch management and/or virtualization of desktops (i.e. VMware View, Citrix XenDesktop, Microsoft RDS) and virtualization of applications (i.e. VMware ThinApp, Citrix XenApp, MS App-V)
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.