Senior Operations Technical Support Lead B/OSS 17-057
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits on Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||205 - Commercial Billing|
The individual in this role will work closely with other team-members to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the company’s core operational support systems. The candidate will provide monitoring, maintenance, support and in such cases improvements to existing software and associated operating systems. In this role, the candidate will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to minimize the turnaround time and maximize efficiency. This is an operational role requiring on call support and the sense of urgency to resolve and mitigate problems in a timely manner.
- Monitor and analyze the operation of systems to ensure the effective delivery of provisioning and billing information.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues impacting the billing system and end applications and system processes
- Provide root cause analysis in support of a continuous improvement plan
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure a smooth and reliable operation of software and systems
- Assist in the development of processes that seek to guarantee the integrity of all billing data, system availability, system functionality and audit compliance.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
- Maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Work in collaboration with Operations Manager and IT Operations for application tuning and system support of back end servers
- Investigate, research and reduce system level errors in a timely manner
- Perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics
- 24/7 availability for escalated issues
- Strong Scripting knowledge (Shell /Perl) is preferred.
- Proficiency with Informatica, Oracle, preferred
- UNIX/LINUX, SQL
- UNIX, Perl Scripting and SQL required
- Oracle BRM pipeline/solution 42 experience preferred
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Customer service orientated individual
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Previous operations experience in a high transaction system role
- Demonstrated competency in thinking beyond direct instructions to developing an operational solution that meets the objective
- Ability to Interact with various departments and management
- Ability to deliver consistent results of high-quality, and on time deliveries.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects, multi task and review workloads to ensure the best use of resources
- Good organizational skills; attention to detail
- Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Computer Science.
- Requires a minimum of 7-9 years of related operational experience
- Telecommunications billing and/or transactional systems experience a must
- Understanding of data bases required
- Understanding of customer service requirements required
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.