Part-Time Principal Engineer C17-019
|Benefits:||Benefits offered through Agency|
|Employment Type:||Part Time|
|Department:||255 - Satellite Development & Operations|
Assess the Iridium Teleport Network (TPN) to ensure continued operations at a high level of network availability and evaluate TPN elements for anomalous signatures. Assessment will include modification to existing tool suites as well as development of new capabilities as necessary to adequately assess performance and resolve anomalies.
- Develop or modify performance monitoring tools as necessary to assess TPN performance
- Trend, track, and analyze all teleport network performance at the component level to discover issues before they impact service or availability.
- Support anomalies through data analysis by synthesizing data from multiple components and source
- Aid in the configuration management of all configuration products for each teleport in the network
- Work with TPN team members to resolve issues and out of bed performance events
- Create and deliver briefings to communicate findings
- Follow formal procedures for change control, issue escalation, prioritization, risk management, and other PM processes
- Follow communication strategy and reporting process for updating management on operations and project progress, decisions, and impacts
- Provide resource feedback to Iridium Sr. management & assist in overall career development and discipline
- Excellent communicator as necessary to communicate complex behaviors and factors as it relates to issues and performance to both engineers and management
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Exceptional problem solving and data mining skills
- Ability to comprehend technical documentation
- A self-starter and team player
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong working knowledge of the Iridium network, components, services, logical and physical service flows and interfaces pertaining to the Teleport Networks
- Intermediate UNIX command line skills
- Effective MS Office skills
- Advanced Visual Basic skills
- Display effective troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to use reference documentation per equipment vendor
- 24X7 availability to participate in anomaly meetings
- Minimum of 10 years telecommunications experience in network operations, field, central office or RF communications environment.
- Must have experience troubleshooting antenna systems supporting Low-Earth Orbit satellites
- Must possess a high level of integrity and personal ethics
- Must possess a college degree in a science related major
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.