Senior Project Accounting Analyst 17-054
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits on Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||101 - Accounting|
This position will have a dual focus: the accounting and financial planning for the Company’s projects. Projects are used to accumulate and track the costs of capital and research and development efforts, as well as certain revenue and cost reimbursable efforts. This position will work closely with the Project Management Office (PMO), Engineering and Contracts organizations on the setup of new projects and the ongoing accounting, reporting and analysis of projects. This position will also be responsible for coordinating the quarterly financial planning for many projects including the Company’s new satellite constellation and related ground infrastructure.
- Develop, implement and maintain processes and procedures for accurate and timely accounting and financial reporting on capital and R&D projects
- Organize and lead project reviews with the project managers, in order to determine and document the proper accounting for a project at its inception
- Perform and/or oversee the month-end accounting for project transactions. This includes journal entry preparation for accruals and adjustments, and completing assigned account reconciliations
- Analyze project financial and operational activities. Key participant in the preparation of project related annual operating and capital budgets and quarterly forecasts by working with respective business leaders, project managers, cost controllers and finance and accounting staff
- Monitor and analyze projects through the creation and review of project reports. Collect and analyze metrics for projects. Be aware of operational aspects of the projects to measure the financial impact, by attending project status meetings
- Perform contract reviews and contribute to the creation of RFP’s, Statements of Work (SOW) and Memoranda of Understanding (MOU)
- Key participant in planning and implementation of a project management systems
- Provide support for internal and external audits as well as any tax related documentation and support
Desired Education and Experience:
- 7+ year’s combined experience in accounting and financial analysis.
- Experience with month end close including preparation and review of financial statements
- Experience with budgeting, forecasting and/or financial modeling
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is required. A master’s degree in a business or finance discipline or a CPA designation is a plus
- Experience with project accounting and/or project forecasting is a plus
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to identify key risk areas, contemplate alternatives, draw conclusions and recommend and implement changes to improve processes and mitigate risk
- Ability to effectively use accounting/finance knowledge and prior experience to collaborate with varying levels of employees and senior management to drive sound business decisions
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction by management
- Strong overall leadership, management, and organizational skills
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills
- Detail oriented with excellent analytical skills
- Experience with a financial planning system or ERP including report creation and distribution
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, including designing, creating and maintaining sophisticated spreadsheets with multiple links, use of pivot tables and lookup formulas to achieve desired results
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics-Great Plains or Prophix is a plus
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.