Operations Support Engineer 17-051
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits on Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||230 - Gateway Operations|
Provide high level system support to Iridium Gateway Technical Operations Team on the Ericsson AXE 810, Media GW and ScienceLogic EM7 equipment, beginning with the initial Network Element project phase, system integrations and test, commercial activation, and follow on expert system support through the life of the Network Element.
- Support, monitor, test and troubleshoot AXE, MGw, APG 40, OSS and ScienceLogic EM7 and other critical Iridium network elements
- Perform and coordinate effective installation and performance of advanced operating systems hardware and software
- Install new software releases, system upgrades, evaluate and install patches and resolve software related problems
- Create/conduct Operational Trials for new network elements or services
- Coordinate and collaborate with NW Surveillance, Network Engineering, TSC lab support staff, and vendors as needed to solve or prevent service outages or poor deployment rationales.
- Maintain and change as necessary AXE routing translations
- Develop and maintain EM7 custom dynamic applications and run book automations
- Support and maintain end user requirements, including troubleshooting, accounting maintenance and training
- Plan and perform appropriate procedures, documentation, inventory assessment, and other procedures related to these systems and services
- Maintain, monitor, analyze system components and make recommendations regarding system performance, configuration, security, fault management, and accounting management
- Play a lead role in the overall systems ongoing architecture and design by providing recommendations to program management/engineering
- Conduct software and hardware evaluations, provide technical analysis, Surveillance support and implement systems/tools to meet company's service goals
- Create and automate preventative maintenance tasks, emergency restoration procedures, and routine troubleshooting tasks, and provide to the Surveillance team
- Drive efficiencies in the NW Surveillance team by assisting and/or leading Operator Process Board Review meetings, and develop, when possible, automated system recovery means using a combination of Unix/Linux scripting, Python, and EM7’s automated capabilities
- Participate in outage root cause investigations
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Teamwork, Operational and Surveillance processes, ability to perform independent technical research, reporting skills, ability to perform independent event/outage analysis, and possess innovation and initiative.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 3 -5 years of telephony central office experience to include planning, implementing, testing and activation of new TDM circuits and associated SS7 interconnects
- 3 - 5 years of Tellabs 5320L or equivalent operations experience to include performing cross connects, E1/T1 optioning, and Tellabs hardware/software troubleshooting
- 2 – 5 years of switching operations and support with Iridium performing
- Ericsson AXE 810 digit translations
- Ericsson AXE 810, APG40, and MGw system software backups
- Ericsson MGw operations, expansions, new circuit wiring, test, and activation
- 3 - 5 years of experience with GSM phase 2 call flows
- 2 – 5 years of experience with developing EM7 dynamic applications and run book automation
- Excellent skills on Unix/Enterprise Linux Operating system
- 24X7 on call is mandatory for this position
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.