Director, Government Programs Business Development - Intel 17-038
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits on Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||300 - Government Affairs|
Iridium Satellite LLC is the only provider of truly global satellite voice and data solutions with complete coverage of the earth (including oceans, airways and Polar Regions).
Iridium delivers essential communications services to and from remote areas where no other form of communication is available. The Iridium constellation consists of 66 low-earth orbiting (LEO), cross-linked satellites and has multiple in-orbit spares. The constellation operates as a fully meshed network and is the largest commercial satellite constellation in the world.
The Iridium service is ideally suited for industries such as maritime, aviation, government/military, emergency/humanitarian services, mining, forestry, oil and gas, heavy equipment, transportation and utilities. Iridium provides mission critical voice and data communication service to the U.S. Department of Defense and other US Government agencies. The company also designs, builds and sells its services, products and solutions through a worldwide network of more than 300 partners.
Director, US Government Programs - Intel reports to the EVP, US Government Programs, located in the McLean, VA office.
The Iridium Constellation has been providing continuous worldwide, pole to pole, communication for more than 20 years. A DISA owned and operated Enhanced Mobile Satellite Services (EMSS) Iridium gateway provides a unique capability to isolate DoD and other USG agencies’ traffic from commercial traffic and have it land in a secure facility on US soil. With a $3.4 Billion dollar investment, by Iridium, a one for one replacement of the 66 operational and on-orbit spares has begun with the first launce of 10 replacements satellites successfully launched in January of 2017. The launch campaign will continue throughout the rest of 2017 and first half of 2018 with completion in the third quarter of 2018. This replacement mission will provide a continuation of Iridium service into 2038. The new constellation, called NEXT, will support all the legacy services of our original Block -1 space segment and add additional services of interest to the warfighter and the US government.
- The primary responsibility will be to expand Iridium’s presence and capabilities in the U.S. intelligence communities
- Position Iridium as a strategic and tactical asset within the intelligence community
- Assist the USG sales team in assessing the potential application of Iridium products/services to meet customer needs
- Participate in the corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for current, new and emerging technologies and services
- Work closely across all internal organizations to influence decisions that support the objectives of the USG team
- New sales and business development including account prospecting, qualification and lead follow-up within assigned sales territory to achieve or exceed assigned sales quota/product mix objectives
- Succeeding in a complex sales environment through development and implementation of sound sales strategies and business plans to build and expand sales within assigned territory
- Participate in contract negotiation, proposal development, technical support, customer service, installation and customer training activities
- Prepare account plans/proposal strategies and assume responsibility for the implementation of plans
- Contact perspective customers to build relationships, advise of new products or offerings and resolve problems
- Manage assigned territory to achieve sales objectives; develop plans to increase revenues and improve market position
- Plan and participate in technical/product presentations/demonstrations/trade shows
- Report to Iridium’s EVP of Government Programs on status of customer engagements
- Background and successful work history with the intelligence communities pertaining to communications with a preference towards mobile satellite
- Ability to work with the USG sales team on pre-sales activities to assess potential applications for Iridium products and services
- Persuasive, strong relationship builder, both internally and externally, with excellent networking skills to ensure the objectives of the USG team are met.
- Strong communications and presentation skills. Must be capable of independently meeting with and briefing senior officials.
- Minimum of 7 years of Experience in Federal government business opportunity assessment, preparation of customer proposals, negotiation of customer agreements and project implementation management is a plus.
- This opportunity requires a “hunter” approach to sales, suggesting the following qualities:
- Confident but not arrogant
- High Integrity
- Results oriented
- Self-starter – Desire to win
- Team orientation; no lone rangers
- The temperament to follow through to completion
- Entrepreneurial – desire to win
- Minimum undergraduate degree
- IC TS/SCI preferred / Clearable to SECRET required
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.