Teleport Network Controller 17-037
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits on Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||255 - Satellite Development & Operations|
The position supports real time operations and monitoring of the Gateways, Telemetry, Tracking, & Control stations, the MPLS network and the Message Termination Controller (MTC) of the Iridiumâ Satellite constellation Ground Network. The Iridium Teleport Network (TPN) consists of 32 tracking antennas positioned all over the globe and a vast network of switches, routers, and tunnels connecting all the ground stations, operations centers, and satellites. Candidate will work alternating 12-hour shifts, days and night.
- Monitors TT&C operations, initiates corrective action to correct Teleport Network Faults, which includes troubleshooting and resolving antenna equipment faults, hardware and software faults, and contacting remote site personnel.
- Monitors every satellite line of site contact at each of the Iridium ground sites to determine that proper RF connections and secure protocols are established
- Monitors customer gateways and initiate corrective action to resolve Gateway faults, which includes contacting Gateway site personnel as required.
- Provides all first level TPN Troubleshooting and Recovery Actions to include executing diagnostic tests and hardware/software reboots of all TPN equipment
- Escalates and documents TPN problems by following the Fault Escalation process and documenting events via Anomaly or Issue Reports
- Monitors all ground sites to ensure all necessary files are distributed, validated, and properly maintained. Ensure equal distribution of all satellite ground antennas to ensure equal usage across the Teleport Network
- Monitors EM7 Events Viewer and Netops Alarm Viewer tools to quickly respond to TPN or MPLS Failures
- Manages EM7 Ticket distribution to ensure proper routing of TPN Failure tickets and Configuration Change Orders (CCOs)
- Maintains proper outage database logging for all incidents with TPN, MTC, and MPLS interfaces
- Performs first level MPLS troubleshooting to isolate the problem to Router or Gigabit Ethernet link and properly escalate to service providers, local telcos, and ISP providers as necessary
- Monitors all Uplink and Downlink packet transmission throughout the network to ensure commercial traffic flows are nominal
- Monitors MPLS routing costs and throughput to ensure optimum Uplink commercial traffic flow
- Manages and monitors Satellite to ground routes and manually direct satellite commanding as required
- Monitors all table distribution to ensure all ground system interfaces in the network have the most current updated acquisition, routing, and satellite element set information
- Manually modifies and distributes ground network configuration files as required to support Critical Satellite anomaly and recovery efforts
- Coordinates with TPN site technicians during planned maintenance activities to expedite return to service.
All applicants must complete Iridium Teleport Network Controller (TNC) certification. The certification process is a 4 - 6 month, average, combination of in-house classroom training and On-the-Job (OJT) apprenticeship culminating in formal job task demonstration and examination. The applicant must be proficient in the UNIX operating system, as well as standard PC usage and applications.
Minimum of a BS in engineering or related technical area, or the equivalent work experience in a network operations or spacecraft operations environment. Typically requires 1-5 years of experience in Network Operations, preferably in the field of Spacecraft operations.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.