Manager, External Reporting and Technical Accounting 17-033
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits on Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||100 - Finance & Administration|
Reporting to the Associate Director, External Reporting and Technical Accounting, this position requires a highly motivated, detail and service orientated individual to be responsible for managing the technical accounting and external reporting for Iridium. Working closely with the internal Sales and Contracts organizations, this position will be required to research accounting issues, prepare technical accounting memos and provide timely guidance to senior management. In addition, oversight over revenue accounting and analysis, support month end close, corporate SOX processes and SEC Reporting.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, processes and procedures for accurate and timely revenue recognition for both commercial and government revenue streams and maintain compliance with SOX requirements. In addition, recommend and implement process improvements.
- Work with sales, services, sales operations, forecasting and budgeting departments to provide technical accounting expertise and analysis of historical trends.
- Work closely with the contracts department to review contracts, reduce contract related issues and provide technical guidance to ensure proper accounting treatment. Analyze and understand various product offerings and revenue/expense streams to ensure proper recognition and financial system set-up.
- Prepare external reporting memorandums.
- Research and interpret new U.S. GAAP pronouncements and SEC reporting requirements and assess and document their impact on the Company’s financial statements, disclosures and reporting processes, including the implementation of revenue recognition and lease accounting.
- Support various special projects as required.
- Assist with the completion of all accounting and disclosure information (including management’s discussion and analysis (MD&A) required to comply with SEC regulations and filing deadlines in connection with the preparation of Forms 10-Q and Form 10-K and the related XBRL documents.
- Implement and maintain procedures to ensure the timely accumulation of information necessary for financial reporting functions.
- Ensure equity compensation is recorded correctly. Work with our equity service provider and GL accounting team to make sure that new and existing equity grants are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare investment reconciliations. Work with investment custodians and GL accounting team monthly to verify investments are recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare EPS calculations quarterly.
- Assist with the preparation and review of financial information in press releases and investor relations’ materials.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge including revenue and government contracting guidance.
- Strong working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Prior experience in preparing of SEC filings including XBRL tagging
- Experience with government contracting revenue including ASC 605-35, CAS and the FAR
- Strong overall leadership, management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented with excellent analytic, interest in identifying and fixing problems.
- Ability to identify key risk areas, contemplates alternatives, draw conclusions and recommend and implement changes to improve processes and mitigate risk.
- Ability to effectively use accounting knowledge to collaborate with varying levels of employees and senior management to drive sound business decisions.
- Ability to set and achieve individual and departmental goals consistent with the overall company objectives.
- Team player that can work independently on various projects with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent Verbal and Written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills including general ledger/accounting systems. Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Bachelor\'s degree in Accounting or related field, and CPA.
- Public company experience preferred.
- 4 - 6 years of experience including time spent with “Big 4” public accounting/audit.
- Active Disclosure or Workiva experience preferred.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.