Director, Government Programs 17-032
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits on Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||300 - Government Affairs|
Iridium is the only truly global voice and data satellite communications network that connects people, organizations, assets, government and relief agencies with “on-the-move” availability. Together with its ecosystem of partners, Iridium delivers essential, reliable communications with an easy-to-integrate platform and service for improved efficiency. With more than 20 years of experience, Iridium will soon be launching the next-generation of connectivity, Iridium CertusSM - the most versatile global broadband service with improved speeds to satisfy the critical need to send and receive communications when traveling by land, sea or air. For more information about Iridium products, services and partner solutions, visit www.iridium.com.
The Director Government Programs will provide pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products, applications and solutions. The incumbent will drive new sales and business development including account prospecting, qualifiation and lead follow-up within assigned sales terriroty to achieve or exceed assigned sales quota/product mix objectives. The Director Government Programs reports to the Vice President, US Government Business Development.
- The primary responsibility will be to provide pre-sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex products, applications and solutions
- Assist the USG sales team in assessing the potential application of Iridium products to meet customer needs and may prepare detailed technical product specifications for the development and implementation of these products
- Participate in the corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for current, new and emerging technologies and services
- Work closely across all internal organizations to influence decisions that support the objectives of the USG team
- New sales and business development including account prospecting, qualification and lead follow-up within assigned sales territory to achieve or exceed assigned sales quota/product mix objectives
- Succeeding in a complex sales environment through development and implementation of sound sales strategies and business plans to build and expand sales within assigned territory
- Participate in contract negotiation, proposal development, technical support, customer service, installation and customer training activities
- Prepare account plans/proposal strategies and assume responsibility for the implementation of plans
- Contact perspective customers to build relationships, advise of new products or offerings and resolve problems
- Manage assigned territory to achieve sales objectives; develop plans to increase revenues and improve market position
- Plan and participate in technical/product presentations/demonstrations/trade shows
- Prepare status reports on activities in the territory; recommend potential areas of business and new/enhanced products to management.
- Strong engineering background with in-depth knowledge of mobile satellite products and services
- Ability to work with the USG sales team on pre-sales activities to assess potential applications for Iridium products and services
- Persuasive, strong relationship builder, both internally and externally, with excellent networking skills to ensure the objectives of the USG team are met.
- Strong communications and presentation skills. Must be capable of independently meeting with and briefing senior DoD officers and other senior officials.
- Experience in Federal government business opportunity assessment, preparation of customer proposals, negotiation of customer agreements and project implementation management is a plus.
- This opportunity requires a “hunter” approach to sales, suggesting the following qualities:Articulate
Confident but not arrogant
Self-starter – Desire to win
Team orientation; no lone rangers
The temperament to follow through to completion
Entrepreneurial – desire to win
Minimum undergraduate degree
DoD TS preferred / Clearable to SECRET required
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.