Tier II Support Specialist - Contract C17-013
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||240 - Customer Care|
As a Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist, you will utilize your problem solving and technical support skills to resolve, test, train and act as the liaison between the customer and various departments within Iridium. In this role you will be providing level 2 support on Iridium's services such as voice, messaging, provisioning and prepaid. While supporting both internal and external customers, this individual will also be responsible for ensuring that the highest quality of service is provided in order to maintain and continue to promote superior customer satisfaction.
• Provide professional level 2 Support to Service Providers and internal customers for specific Iridium services, while providing ongoing customer education to minimize future issues.
• Respond to phone and email inquiries in a professional and timely manner while ensuring Iridium's SLA's are maintained.
• Perform in-depth troubleshooting and determine the appropriate resolution for reported issues.
• Ability to clearly and accurately log all issues reported, including public inquiries received from the Iridium web site.
• Create, update and provide refresher training as needed to Service Partners and internal customers.
• Participate in team projects such as the testing of new Iridium products/services prior to release.
• Proven technical aptitude and creative "hands-on" problem solving abilities and the ability to multi task.
• Strong analytical skills and decision making skills.
• Demonstrated aptitude, resourcefulness and initiative when working basic and complex issues.
• Ability to anticipate customer needs and proactively identify solutions when working customer issues.
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
• Extremely flexible and willingness to support both physical and on-call requirements in a 24x7 environment.
• Ability to create and deliver effective training when needed.
• Must be organized and possess the ability to work in a fast -paced environment while maintaining a positive attitude
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment to drive issues to resolution.
• Exceptional customer service skills
• Degree preferred.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Customer service experience a must.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience required.
• 2 years of experience in a wireless, paging, telecommunications or help desk environment preferred.
• Strong familiarity with Satellite, Cellular GSM, RF or Electrical/Electronic concepts is a plus.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.