Network Control Specialist - Long Term Contract C17-012
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||230 - Gateway Operations|
The Network Control Specialist is responsible for monitoring the Iridium Gateways and remote site equipment to ensure timely outage notification and resolution of issues in a 24x7x365 environment while fully complying with and executing the Gateway operational policies and procedures. Works under the supervision of the Network Control Specialist – Shift Lead direction to provide highly available and reliable systems to support Iridium partners / customers.
Monitor and test the Gateway network elements per written operational procedures.
Perform remote maintenance as necessary or as directed per written operational procedures.
Accomplish items on SRV PM Checklists per written operational procedures.
Produce trending and tracking reports per written operational procedures.
Notify internal and external parties in timely manner when service-impacting issues occur per written operational procedures.
Basic troubleshooting of customer trouble tickets per written operational procedures.
Escalate non-standard events to Network Control Specialist Shift Lead or Management.
Respond to Iridium alerts in a timely manner and initiate corrective actions to restore network services.
Coordinate fault resolution with senior personnel and vendor support items.
Make recommendations and take actions to prevent/restore network interruption and/or service degradations.
Provide Tier 1 technical support for customer care and network elements as assigned.
Utilize Operations reporting systems, processes, and procedures to ensure timely and accurate trouble ticket resolution and activity reports.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by management.
- Complete the Iridium GTO Foundational training within 30 days of employment.
- Complete the Iridium GTO Infrastructure training within 90 days of employment.
- Complete the Iridium GTO Basic Service Block 1 training within 180 days of employment.
- Complete the Iridium GTO Basic Service Block 2 training within 210 days of employment.
- Complete the Iridium GTO Basic Service Block 3 training within 240 days of employment.
- Demonstrate Basic Networking and Linux operating skills.
- Demonstrate Basic User level Microsoft Office suite (MS Word, Excel, OneNote, Power Point)
- Demonstrate customer service skills with the ability to handle customer issues with diplomacy, tact, and a concern for the customer needs.
- Ability to work with the cross functional teams to automate reactive procedures where possible, and to promote rapid response to known issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/MIS or Technical education preferred
- 1 year experience as IT Help Desk Technician or similar role.
- Technical Industry Certification in the following disciplines A+, and Network+, preferred.
- Experience in a telecommunications environment or similar required.
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.