Systems Engineer - Implementation A17-013
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits on Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
In partnership with leading Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs) from around the world, like NAV CANADA, Italy’s Enav, the Irish Aviation Authority(IAA) and Denmark’s Naviair, as well as Iridium Communications, Aireon is set to revolutionize the global aviation industry. In 2018, Aireon will deploy a global satellite-based system capable of tracking and monitoring aircraft around the globe, in real-time. Unlike traditional air traffic monitoring and tracking systems, which are costly to deploy over large geographic regions and limited to densely populated areas, Aireon will extend coverage to oceans, mountains, remote areas and polar regions to provide real-time 100% visibility of aircraft anywhere in the world. This technology will create more direct flight paths, increase operational and fuel efficiency for airlines and improve safety for the flying public.
The Systems Engineer will have a significant role in the deployment, testing, specification and design review of the Aireon space-based Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B) air traffic surveillance system. Reporting to the Implementation Engineering Manager, the Systems Engineer will be involved with all phases of the systems engineering life cycle: Requirements, Design, Implementation and Test. Additionally, they will be conducting tests at customer and vendor sites, participating in trade studies, evaluating applications and analyzing data. The Systems Engineer will be encouraged to innovate and ensure that key technical milestones are met.
This individual will also collaborate in the technical and development activities of Aireon development partners, including Iridium (the payload procurement manager, payload development and integration technical manager, the Hosted Payload Operations Center (HPOC) developer and operator and the host satellite services provider), Harris (the payload supplier, the systems engineering contractor, the Aireon Processing and Distribution (APD) system provider and operator). The System Engineer will also develop peer relationships with engineers from other ANSPs such as NAV CANADA, the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and overseas in the development, implementation and validation of the Aireon system. The main objective is to ensure the system meets the customer requirements and performance levels.
- Lead installation, optimization and customer sell-off activities for ANSPs
- Conduct test activities at ANSP locations
- Contribute to updates of the requirements, design, implementation, test and validation of the Aireon system and subsystems
- Participate in the analysis of the performance requirements for the customer ANSPs
- Interaction with Aireon partners and customers such as the FAA and NAV CANADA and other ANSPs on the technical and operational aspects of the Aireon system
- Technical support for the development of business operations systems
- Technical support for demonstrations
- Diagnosis and correction of service anomalies (aka root cause analysis)
- Data Analysis and other system performance analysis and simulations
- Technical background in the air traffic management and air traffic surveillance technology area
- Strong initiative with the ability to lead test activities and projects
- Detailed understanding of Test processes required for air traffic surveillance and management systems
- Ability to work overseas at ANSP locations independently to conduct product implementation, test, and training
- Ability to work in as part of a team both internally and externally
- Ability to function in a start-up, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proactive communicator with solid written and verbal skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- US Citizen, or Permanent Resident (Green Card), capable of receiving a FAA SF85P public trust
- Minimum of four years engineering experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience in the air traffic management technology and operations field.
- Experience in implementation and integration of air traffic management system
- Experience in optimization and test of air traffic management system
- Experience with surveillance technologies such as ADS-B and/or Mode S desired.
- Minimum of a Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- Experience in working on FAA or other international ANSPs programs in the development and implementation of air traffic management technologies and systems
- Understanding of telecommunication and network protocols is desirable.
- Analytical tool development in environments such as MATLAB, perl, or Microsoft Azure applications
Aireon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.