Senior Network Administrator 17-006
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits on Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||210 - Information Technology|
This position is focused on ensuring the availability and support of Iridium’s operational lab networks, development networks, and perimeter systems. Candidate will focus on administration and maintenance of the Iridium TSC IT operational firewall and network infrastructure; working in cooperation with Iridium Network Engineering, Gateway Technical Operations and other technical resources.
Ability to interface with technical teams across a variety of topics and provide technical support to the team on behalf of the IT Department, the datacenter/infrastructure group, and engineering
Ability to provide technical solutions and troubleshoot complex networks in real time.
A creative thinker, capable of diagnosing operational problems and applying technical solutions that can be reproduced and scaled across diverse teams and business units
Experience in a mixed O/S, mission critical, business or technical support environment
Advanced understanding of network technologies including routing, switching, VPN, firewalls, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP, DMVPN, Load Balancing and Wan Optimization and the ability to provide real-time support to the network team in managing all of these across a global and diverse network
Engineering support related to build-out, design and migration of core network components in the Iridium datacenters
Support new system integration and design efforts: Ability to understand application, network and system capabilities and produce infrastructure designs that meet business requirements
- Maintain existing network elements; implement upgrades, design new infrastructure to requirements developed by the engineering group
- Participate in the 24x7 on-call support when necessary
- Apply security patches, O/S updates, and execute security scans to maintain a highly secure profile across all networking and computational systems.
- Monitor the network systems for proper operation, error conditions and unauthorized changes
- Respond to alerts and take corrective action; provide root cause analysis and suggest improvements
- Maintain appropriate logs, databases and history to perform trending analysis and take proactive steps to ensure the proper operation of systems
- Maintain appropriate and current network documentation utilizing standard office/engineering tools (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Support other departments to ensure network availability
- Suggest improvements and seek additional training to maintain skills necessary to execute duties
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/MIS or combination of equivalent education and work experience/certifications.
- 5+ years’ experience in network administration or similar field
- 5+ years’ experience with Cisco Routers, firewalls, and switches with special emphasis on NXOS, Cisco IOS, PAN-OS, and Cisco ASA software
- Experience in design and maintenance of log aggregation servers and SNMP server architecture
- Experience in specific SNMP toolsets are a plus: Splunk Enterprise, EM7, HP Openview, Nagios
- Must be able to multitask and excel in a fast paced 24/7 environment
- Detail oriented with excellent technical, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills and work well under pressure.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external technology partners to ensure end to end quality of all products, services and systems; customer service focus
- 5+ years of experience with Cisco, Checkpoint, and Palo-Alto Firewalls or similar security appliances with a superior knowledge of network security applications, tools, and methodologies
- Experience working in both Windows and UNIX environments; ability to troubleshoot network connectivity issues at both an application and desktop OS level.
- Experience in a telecommunications environment a plus
- Certifications in IT systems (CCIE, CCNP, CCNA, CompTIA+, Security+, CISSP, ITIL, SOX)
- US Citizenship required
Iridium is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.