Quality Assurance Manager A17-007
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits on Day One!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||200 - Operations|
In partnership with leading Air Navigation Service Providers (ANSPs) from around the world, like NAVCANADA, Italy’s ENAV, the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) and Denmark’s Naviair, as well as Iridium Communications, Aireon is set to revolutionize the global aviation industry. In 2018, Aireon will deploy a global satellite-based system capable of tracking and monitoring aircraft around the globe, in real-time. Unlike traditional air traffic monitoring and tracking systems, which are costly to deploy over large geographic regions and limited to densely populated areas, Aireon will extend the coverage to oceans, mountains, remote areas and polar regions to provide real-time, 100% visibility of aircraft anywhere in the world. This technology will create more direct flight paths, increase operational and fuel efficiency for airlines and improve safety for the flying public.
Reporting to the Director of Operations at Aireon, the QA Manager will oversee all QA activities related to development, implementation (integration & test), and operations and manage a team of QA analysts/resources, both internal & external (vendors/sub-contractors).
The Quality Assurance (QA) manager will be responsible for developing, implementing & sustaining the Quality Management System (QMS) for Aireon. The Quality Assurance (QA) manager plays a crucial role in determining, developing and maintaining the internal & external quality procedures, standards and specifications. The Quality Assurance (QA) manager is also responsible for conducting regular audits or compliance checks, which help to ensure customer requirements are met and an acceptable level of customer satisfaction is maintained at all times.
Communication and adeptness at working with a variety of personalities and skillsets across multiple organizations and locations in a fast-paced, start-up environment will be a key part of this role.
- Accountable for developing, implementing, sustaining the Aireon’s QMS processes while achieving and maintaining required certifications & compliance for all systems in scope.
- Manage all internal QA processes and ensure QA process ownership for all external/vendor-driven activities under the Aireon QMS governance in scope.
- Ensure process adherence throughout the lifecycle of projects and operations (O&M) as per applicable standards
- Create and maintain QMS documentation and ensure awareness training is provided to relevant stakeholders, as needed.
- Develop and maintain Quality Records as defined in the QA process.
- Create and/or assist in creating any new documentation for new services, changes to existing services or responsibilities as required.
- Plan, coordinate and conduct Quality Management reviews/audits at regular intervals
- Plan & provide training related to Aireon’s QMS
- Develop quality measurement metrics & measurement framework and perform root cause analysis on identified problems or issues
- Drive continual process improvement initiatives related to the QMS processes
- Drive organization initiatives, quality methodologies and best practices across the organization
- Take ownership for managing an effective & compliant QMS for Aireon, including internal & external processes.
- Strong understanding of best practices, and industry standards including ISO 20000 and ITIL - DO-278ED-109 knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of CMMI framework is desirable
- Ability to understand & design processes
- Ability to quickly learn and apply Aireon’s safety culture/process
- Ability to manage team members & work as part of a team comprised of internal and external resources located in multiple geo-graphic locations and time-zones
- Ability and motivation to work in a fast-paced, start-up entrepreneurial environment
- Proactive communicator with strong written and verbal skills, strong customer-facing communications skills, and ability to tactfully work with all levels of personnel both internal and external
- US Citizen or U.S. permanent resident
- BA in Business or related field preferred
- 7-10 years of Quality Assurance management experience in technical environment
- Proficiency in MS Office applications
- Proficiency in using QA tools like HP-ALM, Jira etc.
- Fluent in English language w\foreign language capability highly valued
- Ability to obtain Position of Trust clearance
Aireon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or status as a protected veteran. EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability and other protected categories.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.