This position is responsible for the administration of Human Resources related programs and activities for Iridium offices in Arizona and Virginia including new employee orientation, staffing, compensation, benefits, equity programs, legal & compliance, employee relations and other employee related activities and services. This position will also engage in program design and complete HR related projects as assigned by the Director, Human Resources.
Administer all Company benefits programs including: medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), FMLA, LOAs, tuition reimbursement etc.
Research and resolve all benefits and claims issues.
Participate in annual benefit renewal process.
Lead annual employee open enrollment - vendor management and data management.
Terminate benefit programs as necessary.
Administrate Company's stock option, RSU, SAR and performance RSU equity award program for employee and non-employee grants.
Draft quarterly grant documents.
Input and transmit equity files.
Prepare Board and Compensation Committee presentations.
Recruitment and On-Boarding
Manage Company's recruitment program to include: new position justification, appropriate approvals, developing position descriptions, compensation, posting, sourcing, interviewing, reference checks, background checks, extending offers and conducting new employee orientations.
Maintain Company's applicant tracking system.
Manage Company's Affirmative Action and EEO program by developing and reporting for EEOC compliance.
Manage immigration process; support permanent residence process to include H1B, TN-1 and other immigration and non-immigration visas.
Participate in annual vendor compensation survey.
Oversee salary administration and guidelines.
Initiate paperwork for personnel action requests (new hires, position changes, promotions, increases)
Advise management on employee compensation actions.
Research wage survey requests
Determine competitive rates as required for internal and external market comparisons.
Legal and Compliance
- Identify legal and government reporting requirements, post required notices, prepare and submit annual mandated reports such as AAP, EEO-1, Vets-100 and other reporting required.
- Ensure internal policies and procedures are in compliance. Prepare for government compliance audits.
- Respond to outside requests for employee verifications, subpoena, court orders etc.
- Investigate Worker's Compensation related accidents and prepare appropriate reports.
- Draft/revise internal HR polices as needed, respond to policy, procedures and programs inquires.
- Maintain personnel files; update HR/payroll systems records.
- Prepare staffing and headcount reports
- Maintain Company org charts
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations for HR Director as needed
- Draft organizational announcements and other employee communications
- Research and responding to employee questions.
- Streamline department processes and procedures, gain efficiencies, implement improvement initiatives
- Work on various projects and initiatives as needed
Education/Skills and Experience
- BA or BS Degree or equivalent professional experience
- 7+ years' experience in human resources and/or accounting; with an understanding across HR disciplines including employment, benefits, compensation, employee relations and compliance
- Advanced computer skills to include Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Applicant Tracking systems
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with exceptional attention to detail - accuracy a must
- Strong organizational and time management skills - ability to order competing priorities is critical
- Experience working in HRIS and Payroll (ADP) systems, proficient in report generation, customizing fields, creating tables and data uploads
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to draft clear and concise employee communications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead process change and improvements
- PHR or SPHR certification a plus
Iridium provides employees with an excellent compensation and benefits program including medical, dental, vision and an employer matching 401(k) plan.
Iridium Satellite LLC supports a drug free work place. Iridium Satellite LLC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.