Director, Supply Chain
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits from Day 1!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Department:||910 - Product Productions & Distribution|
|Description:||To define, drive and execute the corporate strategy for Iridium products to ensure the appropriate mix, cost, price, warranty, delivery and availability by working closely with internal Iridium functions as well as external 3rd parties.|
- Drive the supply and demand relationship with major contract manufacturers and assure the quality, pricing and delivery performance within agreed contractual terms while meeting the business management objectives.
- Ensure production demand is met in accordance with customer orders, working with the sales and Marketing teams to ensure success
- Track and report product issues, requested enhancements and work to resolution with Engineering, Product Management or contract manufacturer.
- Ensure continuous review and expansion of AVL
- Ensure global sources meet the requirements of the business related to targeted price, product technology, capability and logistics.
- Negotiate and administrate purchase contracts and supply agreements, as appropriate.
- Negotiating contract terms
- Represent production needs and concerns for both internal and external customers. This will include presentations, conference calls, sales meetings, and customer tours.
- Escalation contact for production issues involving delivery or quality
- Driving process improvement, including design and implementation
- Review and approve equipment and supply purchases
- Manage production control schedule and schedule fulfillment
- Continuously review and expand AVL
- Position requires a 4 year Technical or Business degree.
- 10+ years minimum experience in the following areas: project management and product manufacturing.
- Project Management Certification
- Experience with product supply chain management and product distribution a plus.
- Strong proactive communications skills are essential.
- Strong business acumen to identify solutions for business problems
- Strong quantitative and operations skills
- Strong Excel and MS PowerPoint skills
- Exceptional action and customer service orientation with the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities in a fast paced, dynamic business environment
- Proven ability to provide direction, motivate, develop and lead a team
- High level of interpersonal skills to be effective at building influential relationships with employees and internal/external customers
- Ability to effectively interact, negotiate, and influence staff in various levels of the organization
- Financial skills
- International travel required
- Lean Manufacturing experience and/or Lean Six-Sigma training
- APICS experience a plus
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.