Public Relations Manager
|Salary Range:||Great Pay!!|
|Benefits:||Excellent Benefits from Day 1!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for the public relations efforts of Iridium, the Public Relations Manager will lead in both program development and implementation of Iridium's Public Relations initiatives.|
- Build strong working relationships with company executives, all departments across the organization, vendors, agencies and Iridium partner companies.
- Drive the messaging of executive and company presentations, working with marketing communications on look and feel.
- Seek and manage executive visibility opportunities.
- Manage internal communications program elements.
- Manage PR-related social media efforts, including online newsletter.
- Assist with international and domestic trade show and conference-related PR.
- Research, write, edit and distribute press releases, pitches, captions, backgrounders, talking points, speeches, white papers, articles, award entries, presentations and Web copy
- Identify and build relationships with new and existing editors, reporters, producers, bloggers and technology analysts to build on media coverage.
- Assist with media inquiries as well as proactive media relations programming (including announcements, launches, creative campaigns, editorial calendar monitoring, rapid response, pitching, etc.)
- Help build customer case study program.
- Manage PR-related photo and video shoots.
- Drive Iridium PR programs through partner company communications initiatives.
- Monitor and report to senior management the internal status of jobs and due dates.
- Drive and present program measurement on a monthly basis.
- Prioritize and manage high volume of detail work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a team player attitude by being flexible and responsible, as well as being a self-starter.
- Continuously strive to drive, as well as increase knowledge of, company policies and procedures, and communications industry trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications or a related field.
- Ten years professional experience in business-to-business, business-to-government and consumer public relations and/or corporate communications (preferably in the technology industry).
- Experience communicating on behalf of a publicly-traded company.
- Five years' experience in managing programs but with a "roll up the sleeves and get it done" approach. Must be able to work independently.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, content development, writing, corporate communications, public relations, media relations, industry analyst relations, social media, project management, vendor/agency management, online communications, presentation development and delivery within a speakers bureau, and program measurement.
- Ability to travel at least 25% of the time (including international travel).
- Proven experience in working with senior-level executives and within a Marketing team, as well as with partner companies and PR agencies.
- Must provide the following professional references: previous supervisor(s), previous direct report(s) (if applicable), and previous vendor(s) and/or client(s).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and online communications (Prezi, WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+).
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.