Corporate Communications and Public Relations Intern
|Description:||The Corporate Communications and Public Relations Department is looking for a bright, enthusiastic and passionate individual who is excited about learning the ins and outs of public relations and corporate communications. Based in the Washington, DC Metro Region, this College-level Junior or Senior will ideally be working towards a bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications or a related field.|
- Responsible for supporting elements of the Corporate Communications and Public Relations efforts of Iridium - from supporting program development efforts to implementation to tracking.
- Identify and build relationships with new and existing editors, reporters, producers, bloggers and technology analysts to connect with and build media lists.
- Coordinate with vendors/agencies on social media initiatives; assist with daily social media and blogger engagement.
- Research, write and edit press releases, pitches, captions, backgrounders, talking points, support speech-writing and white paper efforts, article development, support interactive newsletter awards entries and Web copy.
- Assist with media inquiries as well as proactive media relations programming (including announcements, launches, creative campaigns, editorial calendar monitoring, rapid response, pitching, etc.).
- Support internal communications efforts.
- Help support media loaner/sponsorship program to maximize PR benefits.
- Assist with speakers bureau program including topic development, speaker pitching, logistics, presentation development and related media relations.
- Help conduct ongoing audit of/report on competitors' PR efforts.
- Support Iridium-sponsored and Iridium partner events.
- Help build customer case study program.
- Help manage PR-related photo and video shoots.
- Help manage PR-related research projects.
- Monitor and work with Director and Manager to report to senior executives on the internal status of jobs and due dates.
- Demonstrate a team player attitude by being flexible and responsible, as well as being a self-starter.
- Continuously strive to increase knowledge of company policies and procedures, as well as the communications, telecommunications and mobile satellite services business.
- College-level Junior or Senior working towards bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Communications or a related field.
- Previous internship or professional experience in public relations, journalism or corporate communications (technology industry, business-to-business or consumer experience a plus).
- Must have skills in social media/online communications, planning, writing and media relations. Past experience in developing media-facing materials is a plus.
- Must provide two to three professional references: Two to three previous supervisor(s) (preferably from communications-related positions).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel) and online communications (WordPress, Twitter, work with other social assets a plus).
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Must be articulate, remain professional in a high-pressure environment, and work well with others.
- Ideal candidate should have a passion for pursuing a career in PR or corporate communications, and take a proactive "roll up the sleeves" approach.
- Must provide three writing samples.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.